We know it’s Friday Wine Tasting but how cute is this Patriotic Punch for Memorial Day Weekend? Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who served in the armed forces. We want to take a moment to remember everyone who have served our country. We hope everyone has a nice and relaxing kick off to the summer months!
Author: Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil
Recipe type: Drinks
Patriotic Punch, a fun, layered drink for Memorial Day!
- Hawaiian Punch or any sugary red drink
- Diet 7UP or any no sugar clear soda
- Blue food coloring
- Start by adding a few drops of blue food coloring to Diet 7UP.
- Fill glass or punch bowl about ½ way with ice.
- Pour in Hawaiian Punch.
- Fill the rest of the glass or punch bowl to the top with ice.
- Carefully pour in blue Diet 7UP.
- Do not mix.
When you prepare the drink, the order is ice, red liquid, more ice, blue liquid. You only need a few drops of blue food coloring. If you use too much, it will sink down and turn the drink purple. The amount of sugar in the layers is key. More sugar is heavier and will be the first layer. Less and no sugar will be the top layer. ( not the healthiest but a fun kick off to the summer drink!)
Happy Weekend! xo,Caitlin