The hotel room blocks are booked and the rsvps are coming in; so now what? Time to get those hotel welcome gift bags together! I had so much fun rounding up local goodies with my mom and sister for my guests’ welcome bags. You can go big or small with this idea but the point of them is to make your guests feel welcomed to their hotel room and your wedding weekend. For most, this will be the first thing they see (besides the invitations!) that is part of your wedding so make it fun and personal! Here are some handy items to include:
- A welcome note! Extra points if it is handwritten.
- Local map of the area
- Festivities card (rehearsal dinner, wedding and brunch details)
- Transportation card (if you are providing any to and from hotels)
- Any local beverages that highlight the area (think wine, craft beer, tea, coffee, etc)
- Gum or mints
- Baked goods or candies that highlight the area or perhaps are some of your favorites!
- Ibuprofen (or any other pain relievers)
- Local tourist magazine or brochures
- Anything else that screams the two of you!