With Christmas only a few days away…I’m finishing up my favorite cookie recipes, appetizers and wrapping lots of gifts! I thought I would share my go to Appetizers and cookie recipe!
- Original recipe makes 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and white sugar until smooth. Mix in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract. Mix in flour until dough comes together. Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Make a small hole in the center of each ball, using your thumb and finger, and fill the hole with preserves.
- Bake for 14 to 18 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let cool 1 minute on the cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, 3/4 teaspoon almond extract, and milk until smooth. Drizzle lightly over warm cookies.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® Refrigerated Seamless Dough Sheet
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 1 round Brie Cheese
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F with the rack in the middle
- Unroll dough; separate crosswise into 2 sections. Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut crosswise into 2 rectangles. Pat dough to form 2 squares.
- Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet. Place cheese on center of dough. Wrap it around cheese.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round. Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges. Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely. Brush with beaten egg. Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm. Top with maple syrup, cranberries, raisins and walnuts.